Saturday, April 3, 2010

Super Yummy Chipotle Cheddar Mac and Grammar Corrections a la Nathan

So it's official - I'm a slacker when it comes to this blog.  I guess my few and far between posts will just have to sustain you, dear reader.  But, the reason for my post this evening is my most recent creation in the kitchen: Chipotle Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese!

I know that it doesn't look like much - since it was just me eating, I didn't go crazy on presentation.  But despite its lackluster visual appearance, the flavor packs a punch! 

I used ground beef (but might use a spicy Italian sausage in the future - or not; not sure if I'd want the heat from the chipotles competing with the spices in the sausage - but I digress...) and a standard brunoise of mirepoix. 

For you non-foodies, that's an eight of an inch dice of onion, carrot and celery.  In addition to this, I sliced a few mushrooms, threw in some fire roasted tomatoes, and minced some of the chipotle peppers and added them along with their sauce into the mix.

For the cheese sauce, I made a basic bechamel (flour + butter = roux, then add milk) and added a little dijon mustard, some of the adobo sauce and a nice sharp cheddar cheese.  Add in some whole wheat pasta and tada!  A savory one pot meal.

And I'd also like to give a shout out to my friend Nathan, who upon reading my blog for the first time, graciously pointed out my many grammatical errors to me.  Kinda felt like a dumbass, honestly - usually, improper grammar is one of my largest pet peeves! 

One of my major hates is when your/you're is used incorrectly, and *gasp* I did it...  Ugh.  I suppose that nobody's perfect - or maybe it was the injured finger that impeded my typing that was to blame.  Yeah - that's it!  Let's blame the finger... 

No comments:

Post a Comment